Sunday, November 8, 2009

Birthdays... Round One!



Here at the Chaos we do birthdays in rounds due to the fact that in our immediate family of 6 we all have birthdays about 2 weeks apart. However, it is divided into two separate rounds (surely for my sanity). The Fall round - which we just concluded is comprised of Maddie (oct.3rd), Daddy (oct.22nd) and Grace, (Nov. 5th). So, if you will bear with me, we will go consecutively for the next few blogs giving everyone their own seperate blog so that when I am blamed on down the road for their need for years of therapy I can atleast say, "Yeah, maybe so, but on your birthday I wrote about you in your very own blog." Does it matter that it was a month later?.... nah.

We begin... with Madeline Kate Cox. On October 3rd, "Pixie" turned 6 years old and still has not seemed to grow into those ginormous blue eyes! She can cling to anyone and anything like a spider monkey (a name given to her at age 2 by her Aunt Sarah), and, according to her Daddy, has her mother's temperment (God Be With Her!) She started Kindergarten this year and continues to crack us up with her endless curiousity about how things work and and why everyone around her doesn't see things her way... the "more right" way. Her best friend is her sister and her best "fenemy" is her older brother. Her best "guy" is her Daddy with her Paw-Paw running a close second. She loves bling, babies,(no way) spaghetti, vanilla ice cream, shoes, anything miniature, and anything messy. She does not like being hot (shout out to Auntie Ang), cheese, or getting up too early.

Maddie is a joy and, of course, a love of my life. My favorite thing about her is her uncharacteristic deep voice laugh. It's contagious. When I look at her I do see God's perfect design, my dad's chicken legs, and amazing blessings that I will never have deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment