Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween Hangover...




I don't know about you but I am glad it is November. With all the festivities of school and the "Corner Carnival" (psycho chaos where we gave away 600 bags of candy in under 2 hrs.) that happened in my front yard on Saturday night I can securely say that I am glad October is behind us.October always begins with the joyous occasion and celebration of Maddie's birthday but then takes a total heck raising dive (Kevin won't let me type H---) into what our sweet Mimi calls "The Devil's Holiday". (I honestly can't even type that without laughing outloud - and if you know Paula Cox, picture it - then neither can you.) And, let it be known that she grins and giggles and whoops it up just as much as anyone when she and PawPaw are in charge of the Vista Church Halloween night Hayride.


So, with all that behind us, the girls and I are going to clean the orange and black nail polish off our toes and move the whole family on to November - a month of thanks. Curious... is it possible that November is the month of "Thanks" because we are ALL SO STINKING GLAD THAT HALLOWEEN IS OVER! Praise Jesus!!!! (not the devil)

1 comment:

  1. It's like Christmas morning for me to find out you have a blog. Oh I miss you so much and think of you so often. And then I found out you are neighbors with my sweet friend from Jr High and High School - Christie Green...have no idea her married name. Anyway she told me on facebook that she met you at the park. Got a wee bit jealous!!! We miss you terribly! I'm so happy to find this...I'm going to blog roll it immediately. I've read all your posts and look forward to more! Hope you are well, and quite honestly, I think we saw you more when you lived in Seattle than now and that's just wrong! Maybe after the holidays we could meet for dinner? I hope you are well. I'm just gonna bust I'm so happy to hear your voice, even if it is written and not spoken. It's almost the same!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete