Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Me and "Homer" .....


Our first walk to school - Why are we all following Homer?

Maddie and her new teacher Miss Miley


They're devastated to leave me..... right.



This morning had the audacity to show up whether I wanted it to or not and despite my efforts to make summer last longer, the troops headed off to school today. As you can see it was a big event as usual especially since we have a brand new school one block from our house with a great staff that we have known and trusted for the past two years at the old school (God is so good.) It was a beautiful sunny morning and even Mimi came (as has become our custom) for the walk over!


As I was following my kiddos down the street (and trying to be a big girl about it) I was reminded that I am lucky enough to still be left with the one we affectionately call, "the beast". I am sure he and I will find many ways to fill our days.


When I was thinking about how weird it was going to be to only have one munchkin at home, I was reminded of some infinite words of wisdom stated by my oldest daughter when she was only 3. She and her Nana were having quite the in-depth discussion the summer before she started pre-school. The intelligent conversation came to an abrupt halt when we doubled over in laughter as Grace labeled everyone appropriately by saying, "Nana, Jackson is going to be a Fioist Gwader, and I am going to be a Pwee Schoower." Nana's reply: "What about Maddie?" Grace: "Maddie - she is staying home - so she'll be a 'Homer'. " Well, now my Maddie is in Kindergarten (sob). So here I sit ignoring chores and waiting for the latest "Homer" to get up from his nap!

1 comment:

  1. why are they following 'homer'? cuz it's better than following mimi.

    --uncle adam

    ReplyDelete