Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mother of the Year!!!....Again!


Grace Elizabeth - our second child and our first daughter. She loves life! She thinks almost everything is funny and has developed in her seventh year a propensity for talking... and talking ..... and talking. Its's amazing really - there are times we even have to grab her sweet little cheeks and just say "Shhh..." She is easy going and rarely lets anything rock her boat.... which makes this story all the worse.

You see while Grace is all these wonderful qualities and more, she is cursed.... her mother is .... crazy. Granted, church planting, Kevin Cox and 4 kiddos have helped guide me down that looney bin path, but for the most part most just look at me and say, "Aw, its ok - we know you're crazy". Today solidified that point.

As I was sitting in my mother in law's house visiting with her for a minute my cell phone rang. It was the school, Mrs. Dillon to be precise... one of the cafeteria monitors. She had called me to let me know that although Grace had her lunch box.... there was no lunch in it. In my defense there was a capri sun and a chocolate chip cookie and a baggie of cheetos, but as for her sandwich.... yeah, her mother is crazy. I was then told Grace (as usual) told the teacher it was OK and she didn't mind not having it and was giggling... of course. No doubt thinking how funny it was going to be to tell her daddy that Mommy missed her bag this morning when handing out sandwiches. Mrs. Dillon was able to convince her to have a hot dog (SCORE!... that is her favorite) from the cafeteria. Put another dollar in the therapy jar!!!!! .... and have another cookie! I think I'll have one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment